RMHC Sydney Walk In My Shoes
GE Healthcare are taking part in a special Walk In My Shoes to experience a day in the life of a family who stays at Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney.
We will be visiting the House and walking in the shoes of the families.
We will gain a first-hand understanding what parents and carers go through on a daily basis, as well as getting an opportunity to see what it takes to create the best possible experience for a family.
During this experience, we will be:
- Guided through real life scenarios, gaining a better understanding of what families go through;
- Using our skills and knowledge together to tackle a business issue
- Gaining a unique insight on what it takes to run the House and create a true sense of empathy for the families that stay at RMHC Sydney.
Why are we doing this?
Imagine that you have just received the worst news possible – your child is seriously ill and you need to relocate your family in order to receive the lifesaving treatment that your child needs.
You would drop everything right? But what does that actually mean?
The families that stay at Ronald McDonald House Charities are away from their home, their support system and everything they know. The House provides them with support to ensure they can concentrate on what is most important, their sick child and family.
These are just a few things Ronald McDonald House Charities provide to families
- A House that is open 365 days a year, to ensure families have a place to stay at no charge
- Support sick kids and their families through various programs
- Make sure families have a home cooked meal and most importantly
- Continue keeping families together during this difficult time
Kids should be living life, NOT fighting for it!
We are asking you to support us in helping Ronald McDonald House Charities Sydney continue providing a warm and supportive home-away-from-home for families of children traveling to the House for treatment.
If it were your child or a loved one's child wouldn't you want to know that they had this level of support?
Thank you to my Sponsors
Helen & Neville Watkins